It’s challenging to attract wellness when our society lives in sickness the majority of the time. All you have to do is watch a single show on television. You’ll see more ads for pharmaceutical drugs than for anything else and if you watch most of your shows using Hulu Plus you might even get to see the exact same ad during every single ad break.
Disease talk is everywhere.
I have two degrees in Natural Health and 100% of my clients came to me initially because of symptoms they expected me to “properly” diagnose. The problem is that I don’t diagnose disease. I don’t want my clients to continue to live in sickness. I don’t want my clients to be focused on illness, symptoms, signs, or anything negative. I also don’t prescribe. Instead, I help them shift their thinking.
I sit down with each client and together we talk about wellness. I begin to teach them how to LIVE in wellness. Every single client then explains that they already know all of that, so there’s only one question left to ask…
If you already “know” all of that, WHY AREN’T YOU DOING IT?
The response is always the same….one excuse after another. This tells me that my clients — and perhaps you too —don’t really want to be well. You are probably saying right now how much your really do desire wellness. You even believe that to be true. I understand that you honestly DO want to live in wellness you just don’t know WHY it’s the answer, especially when taking a pill is so much simpler.
And then, come more excuses….more disease talk.
STOP FOCUSING ON THE DIAGNOSES!
STOP FOCUSING ON ILLNESS and start focusing on wellness. EVERYONE can live IN wellness every single day. EVERYONE. There IS a way. You might have to become creative. You might have to start slower than you had planned and there is a way for YOU to live IN wellness daily.
Have you ever heard of the Law of Attraction? Most people use it to attract wealth and abundance. Very few people know how to use it to attract wellness. Attracting wellness is about changing the way you think while also changing the way you live. Living IN wellness requires that you LIVE IN wellness. You do all of the things you know support your body in its work and you do those things every single day without excuses.
Do you want to move more? Then choose to MOVE more.
Do you want to eat better? Then choose to EAT better.
Do you want to sleep better? Then choose to SLEEP better.
This is all about YOU and how YOU take care of YOU. Our society doesn’t do a very good job when it comes to self care. We give reasons that sound innocent enough and when you aren’t feeling strong enough to do more than sit on the sofa and eat a bag of chips while watching television then your reasons are actually excuses in disguise. You are going to have to ACT like a well person by living IN wellness daily and you’re in luck, I happen to know how to get you started on your wellness journey.
How to attract wellness
- Accept yourself as you are today. Until you can look at yourself in the mirror and truly love every inch of you, you will not be able to attract wellness. It doesn’t matter how many roles, or wrinkles you see. They are a part of you and YOU are an individual of great worth. You add value to this world and you won’t know that until you accept who you are at THIS moment in time. YOU MATTER! The universe does care about you. You are part of world history and your story adds meaning to us all. You have a voice and a purpose that is currently being forced to stay silent because no one has taught you why to live in wellness daily. We’ve all been taught the bits and pieces that we call “wellness” and our logical brain knows that we should put those bits and pieces to work within our own lives and we don’t know WHY we should do that. Make peace with yourself.
- Forgive yourself for knowing and not doing. Forgive yourself for everything. Forgive yourself for every moment you allowed to pass by as you mindlessly watched television instead of doing something active, like playing ball with the kids. Forgive yourself for every hurtful word you’ve muttered to yourself. Every time you’ve denied yourself something out of punishment for some perceived sin or transgression. Forgive yourself for enjoying play foods (you probably refer to them as “junk” food). There’s a reason they are part of every fun social event you’ve ever attended. Forgive yourself for setting the alarm early so you could go on a walk and then resetting it so you could enjoy the warm bed a little bit longer. Forgive yourself.
- Forget all of societies rules and write your own play book. No one knows you better than you. You know what your day is like, what your job/business is like, what your life is like. You are the only one who can make the rules for you. If you prefer to enjoy meat and potatoes, then ENJOY meat and potatoes. If you prefer to go for a walk at night before you go to bed then DO IT. Create the lifestyle that is best for you while you live in wellness. If you like carbohydrates, then eat them. If you like high fat foods then eat them. If you don’t like to run, don’t. The point is that you are the only one who knows how you can live in wellness daily. People like me are merely consultants who help you find your voice and create your plan. Be authentically you.
- Do better today than you did yesterday. Yesterday is in the past and can’t be changed. All you have is today. What will you do today that is different than what you did yesterday? Did you fill your mind with hateful self talk yesterday? Then spend time today, apologizing and write down all the things you like and even love about yourself. It’s not egotistical to do this. It’s healthy to do this. You are really the only one who cares about you so CARE about you. Did you allow the world to interfere with your movement goals? Then, set boundaries with the world and stick to them. Such as, the only time that a phone call must be answered is when it’s one you’re expecting and can’t miss. Otherwise, they’ll leave you a message and you can call them back. Boundaries are healthy.
- Keep ALL of the appointments you make with yourself. You are a pretty wonderful person. Many of your friends and family tell others about you. So, accept that you are a pretty wonderful person; someone worth spending time with. I’m sure you keep all the appointments you make with others. So, keep the appointments you make with yourself. If you put on your calendar that you are going to do 20-minutes of yoga then by golly do 20-minutes of yoga. STOP disappointing yourself. There’s nothing wrong with putting yourself on the “Needs Nurturing” list. You show your love for your sweetheart, parents, friends and children so show love for yourself. The sad truth is that most people show more love for perfect strangers than they do for themselves. Nurture yourself…
- Be present in every moment. Most of us are so busy checking email, social media, text messages, voicemail, etc while we are talking with others that we seem to think that this is somehow okay. It’s actually not. I’ve caught myself doing it a time or two so I’m not just pointing fingers here. Put the phone away when you’re with others. There’s honestly not much that is more important than the person you are speaking with at that moment in time. Be present and mindful of the conversation. You’ll discover that both of you will be well fed and taken care of over the course of the conversation. You’ll also discover that you like yourself more when you are present and engaged in the conversation.
- LIVE in wellness daily is different for each person. It’s okay to start slowly. The point is that you start. Decide today what living in wellness would look for you. Write it down. Just make a list. It doesn’t have to be detailed; you can do that later. The point is to put it down on paper. Rediscover what you like doing.
What will you do — starting today — to live IN wellness daily?